Sunday, June 28, 2009

Andy Hong

A while ago (3 years? 4 years? Does it really matter anymore?) I asked you why my name never appeared in your blog. And you replied, "You don't take up space in my blog cos you occupy double space in my heart".

So here it is. Your name in my diary, one whole post titled in the honour of your name, in the hope you will fade away from my heart. You're a tale now, like a story in a children's book written in the past tense, full of glossy colours on a flat surface, memories you look at running your hand over the pictures, touching nothing except for the smooth cold surface of a book. You're a chapter that's passed, and I guess you will never appear to twist the plots and save the day in the chapters that follow.

What a chapter that was, but characters in a story are none the wiser for the way they touch the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment